by Sarah Lemkus
Chia seeds are the bomb! They are high in iron, magnesium, calcium and omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds also contain a decent amount of zinc, potassium and vitamins B1, B2 and B3. That's why our family eats chia seeds daily! We add them to our smoothies, sprinkle them on porridge and make chia puddings out of them! Chia puddings are the perfect on the go snack because they are quick to make, easy to store and last a few days in the fridge. Add matcha to the mix and you've got yourself a nutrient dense, antioxidant packed breakfast.
- 1/2 teaspoon Culinary Matcha powder
- 4-5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 10-15 tablespoons plant or nut milk (soy, almond etc)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- In a small jar, whisk the soy milk and matcha green tea together with a fork or traditional matcha whisk until matcha has dissolved.
- Then add the chia seeds and stir with a spoon.
- Let the chia seeds sit for 15 minutes to set.
- Add water if needed.
- Serve with fresh strawberries, rawnola and a pinch of sugar-free dark chocolate for a treat.