Matcha Nice Cream - by Crazy Cucumber Blog
Ice cream, you scream, we are all scream for ice cream. Just because hot summer days are already here.
These beautiful summer days in NZ. High temperatures and sunshine at the early days of December, good start of the summer. Yay!
This healthy, quick and easy ice cream will help to keep you cool in the heat. Matcha nice cream is easy to make without ice cream maker. Only three ingredients required!
Ripe frozen bananas. Blended in a high-speed blender or food processor frozen bananas have the exact texture of soft serve ice cream. If you add a little fat, such as coconut yoghurt, it can even start to taste pretty similar to ice cream.
Tip: A squeeze of lemon juice can prevent oxidation of nice cream and help to keep a vibrant color a little bit longer.
Coconut yoghurt. Coconut yoghurt is a dairy-free alternative, made from coconut milk and probiotic cultures. Coconut yoghurt is incredibly rich and creamy and is full of probiotics which keep your digestive tract happy and healthy.
Matcha powder. Matcha is a special variety of green tea, stoneground into a fine powder. All the nutritional properties of the tea leaves are ingested, not letting any of the goodness go to waste. Matcha tea leaves are shade grown before harvest, significantly increasing the chlorophyll and amino acid content well above that of standard green teas.
- 4 Ripe bananas cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon organic MatchaMatcha culinary grade or latte grade powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut yoghurt
- Place the banana chunks in the plastic container and cover well. Freeze for at least few hours, or overnight.
- Throw the frozen bananas, matcha powder, and coconut yoghurt in a high-speed blender. Turn the blender on. Slowly increase the speed of the blender to high. I use Vitamix blender. Vitamix has automatic overload protection which prevents the machine from overheating ( turning off if something wrong).
- Do not over-mix or ice cream will begin to melt. Serve immediately. Enjoy!