With thanks to Emma Batts from Heartfelt Kitchen
Whoever thought that green tea would taste so utterly delicious with cacao?
Try these superfood chocolates for a health-boosting treat!
Makes about 15 / Gluten free / Dairy free / Sugar optional
- 90g cacao butter
- 50g coconut oil
- 2t Matcha Matcha Culinary grade powder
- 1t cacao powder
- 1T finely ground sugar* (I used golden caster sugar)
- Zest of one lemon
*The sugar in this recipe is optional. Honey or other unrefined sugars do not combine with the cacao butter properly. This is why a small amount of finely ground, refined sugar is used. Feel free to omit sweetener altogether if you prefer.
- Before you begin, place a silicone tray of chocolate moulds onto a tray. This is to kep the mould flat when it is full of unset chocolate. You may also wish you make sure there is a flat surface in your freezer, that is large enough to hold the tray.
- In a saucepan, over a low heat, melt the cacao butter and coconut oil together.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and add the rest of the ingredients, whisking to combine.
- Continue to whisk, while pouring mixture into a tray of chocolate moulds.
- Place the tray in the freezer for at least 1 hour to set completely.
- Remove chocolates from the tray, and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.