with thanks to Kelly Gibney - Bonnie Delicious Blog
These bars make an excellent breakfast or snack on the run. Full of healthy fats and just lightly sweet, this is smart snacking.
Makes 12 -16 bars
- 1 ½ cups raw or activated almonds
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened puffed rice or millet
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut threads (preferably organic to avoid preservatives)
- 1 tablespoon Matcha Matcha Culinary Grade
- 1 heaped teaspoon spirulina powder
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius
- Place the almonds in a food processor or blender and blitz until the texture of course breadcrumbs.
- Place all dry ingredients (including matcha and spirulina) into a large bowl and stir well.
- Place rice malt syrup into a small saucepan and place over a low heat until runny.
- Pour over the other ingredients and fold through well with a large spoon.
- Use your hands to press into a small slice tin (measuring 12 x 30cm) lined with baking paper.
- Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the top.
- Back for 35 minutes until lightly golden. Do not attempt to cut until completely cool.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
Can be frozen