Gluten free / Dairy free
Makes 1 small cake
- 3/4C coconut flour
- 1/2C finely dessicated coconut
- 5 eggs
- 1C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4C coconut oil
- 1T psyllium husk
- 1t baking soda
- 1t apple cider vinegar
- 1t vanilla paste
- 3/4t cinnamon
- 3t Cullinary grade matcha powder
- 1 green apple, washed and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius and grease a 20cm cake tin with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients apart from the sliced apple.
- Allow the mixture to stand for a minute to allow the psyllium husk and coconut to absorb the liquid.
- Scoop and push batter into the prepared cake tin. Decorate with slices of apple.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow cake to cool completely before removing from tin. Serve with full fat greek yoghurt for afternoon tea. Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.