by Kelly Gibney - Kelly Gibney Wholehearted
Matcha LOVES vanilla. The pairing is delicious. This recipe is beautifully decadent while still being wholesome and nourishing. The raw chocolate dip is optional but highly recommended! Ice pops will last up to 3 weeks in an airtight container in the freezer.
Makes 5-6 pops depending on the mould size (dairy free)
- 1 can full fat coconut cream
- ½ cup almond milk
- 4 tablespoons raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Matcha Matcha Culinary grade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons good quality vanilla essence or the seeds from one vanilla pod.
- Place all the ice pop ingredients into a blender and blitz until.
- Pour into ice pop moulds and place in the freezer until set.
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- Melt the coconut oil over a very low heat until liquid.
- Remove from the heat and add cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Dip the frozen pops into the raw chocolate mix. You can do the whole pop or just the tip.
- Hold the ice pop upside down for a minute to set before placing on a plate lined with baking paper.
- Place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes to set before eating.