By Nicky Skinner - Nourished & Vibrant
These babies contain NuZest Vanilla Matcha Clean Lean Protein and Matcha Matcha powder, the ultimate antioxidant hit 🍵
Fluffy and moist, they are gluten free, egg free and dairy free.
Topped with whipped coconut cream and another sprinkle of matcha.
Makes 8 medium sized muffins
Time10 mins to make, 18 mins to bake
-1 Tbsp flax meal
-3 Tbsp filtered water
-2 mashed bananas
-1/2 cup cashew butter (or almond butter)
-1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup almond milk
-2 scoops of protein powder (or extra flour of choice)
-1 Tbsp buckwheat flour
-1 Tbsp tapioca flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-2 tsp Matcha Matcha Culinary or Premium Latte Grade powder
1 400g tin of coconut cream (that has been in the fridge overnight)
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp tapioca flour
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tray with liners or grease with coconut oil.
2. In a small bowl combine flax meal and water and set aside.
3. In a food processor, place bananas, cashew butter, maple syrup and almond milk and process to combine.
4. Add flax meal, protein powder, buckwheat, tapioca, baking soda and matcha powder. Pulse to combine again.
5. Remove blade and transfer mixture into the muffins tins.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until tops are golden and bounce back when lightly pressed.
7. To make icing, open tin of coconut cream and scoop out the firm cream (leaving the liquid to use in smoothies) into a bowl.
8. Add maple syrup and tapioca flour and then whip with an electric beater until whipped cream consistency (will take 3-4 minutes).
7. Once the muffins have completely cooled, ice with the coconut cream icing.
Enjoy straight away, or store for 2 days in the fridge (to keep the icing from melting off!).