By Leno - Crazy Cucumber Blog
9 Bounty balls
- 2 cups desiccated coconut (I use 1 cup fine coconut and 1 cup flake grade)
- 1/2 cup coconut condensed milk (coconut milk, cane sugar, salt)
- 1 teaspoon Latte grade or Culinary Grade matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
For chocolate coating:
- 100 g dark chocolate chips or chunks (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pour coconut condensed milk in a small saucepan. Heat it properly and carefully. Do not allow the condensed milk to reach its boiling point. 80 degrees is recommended temperature. Add vanilla paste and matcha powder. Mix well using a whisk till matcha powder dissolved.
- In the mixing bowl combine desiccated coconut with coconut matcha mix. Mix well using your fingers.
- Roll the balls using the palms of your hands. Keep your hands wet, it helps to prevent sticking. Chill the balls in the fridge.
- Melt chocolate chips using a double boiler. Add coconut oil and mix well with a whisk. Remove from the heat. Wait a few minutes until chocolate begins to thicken. Take your bounty balls and dip into the melted chocolate. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to set. Serve chilled. Keep refrigerated up to 7 days.
You tube video clip :