I absolutely adore porridge. It probably makes up more of my winter diet than is healthy (although, how can this be unhealthy?!). I’d actually never experimented with adding matcha to this recipe until the wonderful beings of matchamatchanz gifted me with a culinary-grade matcha powder. From my insane love of porridge to my blossoming love of matcha, I had a lightbulb moment.
Here is what was sparked within me: the creation of a delicious edible elixir, sweet and warming for the soul. Perfect for those chilly winter mornings, and even lazy dinners… (Side note: I actually did go through a solid 3 days of only eating this, but I was glowing!) I hope for you all to enjoy and find a moment of gratitude with this bowl of incredibleness.
- 1/2 cup ground oats
- 1/2 banana
- 3-5 deglet dates
- 2-3 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 cup plant milk + 1/2 cup water
- Dash of vanilla essence
- Place oats in small cooking pot and mash in banana and dates
- Add matcha powder, combine
- Stir in milk, water and vanilla essence. Leave to soak for 5 minutes if you have time
- Cook on medium heat and continue stirring, this makes for a creamy consistency
Add more water depending on consistency you prefer, serve in a bowl and add your favourite toppings
My favourite toppings are: coconut chips, cacao nibs, pepitas, sunflower seeds, activated almonds, maple syrup…
← Older Post
Newer Post →